If you are visiting us for the first time please pre-register with us by using one of the following options:
- Call 905-839-9537 after 9am on the day you plan to visit (see hours of operation below).
- Complete the online registration form under the "Client Application" tab.
- If you do not pre-register you will be asked to complete an application form upon arrival. Please let us know that it is your first food bank visit.
PLEASE NOTE: One one client at a time is permitted inside the Food Bank. We ask that you continue to wear your masks and maintain social distancing while waiting outside. Bring reusable grocery bags.
Hours Of Operation:
We are open every Tuesday and Friday morning from 10am - 12pm (closed all statutory holidays)
Who is a dependent?
person living in the household for whom you are financially responsible. Their names and ages will be
listed on your government forms (e.g. Ontario Works).
How often may I access the Food Bank?
are allowed a maximum of 2 visits per month.
Are there other Food Banks in the area?
- Yes, there are 3 other food banks nearby: House of Hope (Salvation Army) The Store Front & Christian Life Centre. All are in Ajax.
What food will I receive in my hamper?
- You can expect to receive a box of non perishable foods plus a choice of cereal, peanut butter, snacks, tea, coffee, sugar, flour, juice, milk, eggs, bread and other items (subject to availability).
How do I contact the Food Bank?
- Call 905-839-9537 and leave a voice message; or email email@example.com. You will be contacted as soon as possible. You may also use the Contact Us page to send us an email.
Where does the food come from?
- Our food is donated by the people of Ajax-Pickering through mass food drives or individual donations. Fundraising by the food bank covers the cost of fresh milk and eggs.
What information is required to register?
You will need:
- Birthdates and full names of all people living in the household
- All sources of household income (including EI, Child Tax Credits, Pension, etc.)
- Proof of address
- Valid piece of Identification